Thursday 9 October 2008

Finally connected...

Well I finally have an internet connection (some of you may have noticed a solitary tweet yesterday), but only by choosing to miss a session and by managing to grab a seat at the toshiba 'cyber cafe'. Hmmm. Not sure how long it will last but here goes...

Liz seems to be doing a far better job than me with the blogging (she did pay £15 for 24hrs access, bargain!!), and in her choosing of sessions. I don't have a great deal to report yet. I saw a session yesterday that gave me some ideas for the something we can do with the media space, but a lot of the others I've seen haven't filled me with inspiration.

Marc Prensky was good yesterday, but his session over-running had a knock-on effect with the timing of our own. We did OK, 20ish punters, some questions and follow-ups, but timing hand on my watch said we'd had 16 minutes of the 20 we should have had, and a (superbly timed!! er, no) wine-fuelled mid-afternoon book launch badly affected attendance at yesterday's later sessions

Another keynote this morning, Mike Short from O2, some interesting stuff and some links to follow up.

I'm a bit disillusioned with it all at the moment, and me and Liz are going somewhere else (if we can find anything!) for lunch because it was far less than great yesterday. Maybe that will re-energise me

This sounds a lot like a whinge but it's all I've got at the moment... ...hopefully I'll have something a bit more positive to report before we return to civilisation

4 comments:

gs said...

i'm reliably informed that the internet access has been reduced to a (still pretty extortionate) £10 for 24 hours - whoop! - so i splashed out again frivolously today. richard - i'll sell you my login details again when i'm not using them :)

Helen said...

In the absence of the key words I've chosen wine and book launch for the game. Here is my picture of a book launch, and the book is about 'wine'... Would be better if it was 'whine', then it would fit nicely with Richards post.

Book Launch

Helen said...

Sorry Richard! Hope the conference gets better!

gs said...

brilliant :)

i think that's worth 4 points - 1 each for 'book launch' and 'wine'; 2 bonus points for the wine/whine pun.