Wednesday 8 October 2008

belated hello!

well, arrived safely in telford late last night. we decided to stop off in brum for tea in an attempt to get a last glimpse at civilisation before heading to the milton keynes of the west midlands. it was a good decision - though we were both somewhat affronted when asked if we were in town for the james blunt concert...hmmmm.

we're staying in a kind of time-capsule hotel that never really seems to have escaped from the 70s - lots of cream and beige and checked patterns everywhere. telford is, apparently, a new town and itself a child of the 70s - if you don't believe me, check out this wikipedia page or the excitingly named shropshire tourism website. planning on escaping to explore later, so watch this space for more exciting 70s news!

btw, someone (let's call her relen hodger) rashly promised "if you blog it, they will come". so there's a game and prizes and *everything* to encourage you to play along nicely. see left right for details.

2 comments:

smodge said...

ooo ooo me me me!
I believe this epitomises the 1970s, Milton Keynes and if you look really carefully you can see Thomas Telford peeping out of one of the windows

(If you heard me say "they will come", then you weren't listening carefully enough - I'm sure what I actually said was: "they might come if they can be bothered")

gs said...

*chokes on water*

ok helen, you're now officially in the lead with a startling 5 points awarded variously for 1970s, concrete cows, and making me laugh out loud as the convener uttered the words "...and here is marc prensky..." :)

that's the spirit!